BEFORE APPLYING, PLEASE READ BELOW TO MAKE SURE YOU QUALIFY:
1. All Dogs and Cats in your home MUST be spayed or neutered. We will call your vet to verify this. We allow exceptions in rare medical instances upon verification with your vet only.
2. All Dogs and outdoor Cats in your home MUST be current on annual vaccinations and monthly (or semiannual) heart worm and flea prevention. We will call your vet to verify this. We allow exceptions to this in rare medical instances upon verification with your vet, ONLY.
3. You must own the property in which you live or your landlord must be willing to verify that you are allowed to have a Great Dane in your rental home. We check property records.
4. Our Great Danes require a sturdy fenced in yard, particularly young or active danes. Generally, a six feet or higher privacy fencing is preferred. In certain circumstances, the Board may waive this requirement depending upon the Dane's personality and temperament. Any such exceptions will solely be at the discretion of the rescue Board. Under no circumstances will we consider invisible or electric fencing as acceptable.
5. We only adopt Dogs as indoor pets. We will not adopt Dogs to be used as guard dogs or to be kept out-of-doors.
6. A home visit is required for ALL adoptions, without exception. This is not a white-glove inspection, rather it is to ensure that the home is a safe environment for the Great Dane.
7. We do not transport. If you are applying from out of area or out of state, understand that if your application gets approved, you will be expected to pick up the dane in the location that he/she is being fostered. In addition, if the adoption does not work out, it is your responsibility to bring the dane safely back to us.
8. There may be multiple applications for the same Dog. Our Great Danes are placed in the home we believe most suitable for them, based upon their individual needs and temperament.
9. Before applying below, please expect this application process to take about two weeks. Due to the legwork involved in reviewing an application, we require a non-refundable $20 donation PRIOR to processing an adoption application. To pay the $20 donation, click on the "Donate" button on the Home page. If you are applying from out of area or state, please expect a slight delay. It will take us more time to get the home visit set up. At any time, if you have questions about the status of your application, please email the rescue at email@example.com.
The following process applies to adopters and can take up to three weeks to complete. We complete the process in this order: