PLEASE READ ENTIRELY OUR ADOPTION REQUIREMENTS:
1. All Dogs and Cats in the home MUST be spayed or neutered. We allow exceptions to this in rare medical instances upon verification with your vet, ONLY.
2. All Dogs and outdoor cats in the home MUST be current on annual vaccinations and monthly (or semiannual) heart worm and flea prevention. We allow exceptions to this in rare medical instances upon verification with your vet, ONLY.
3. You must own the property in which you live or your landlord must be willing to verify that you are allowed to have a Great Dane in your rental home.
4. Expect the application process to take about 2-3 weeks. Due to the legwork involved in reviewing an application, we require a non-refundable $20 donation PRIOR to processing an adoption application. To pay the $20 donation, click on the "Donate" button on the Home page.
5. A home visit is required for ALL adoptions, without exception. This is not a white-glove inspection, rather it is to ensure that the home is a safe environment for the Great Dane. IF YOU ARE APPLYING FROM OUT OF AREA or OUT OF STATE, please expect a slight delay. It will take us more time to get the home visit set up. At any time, if you have questions about the status of your application, please email the rescue at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. IF YOU ARE APPLYING FROM OUT OF AREA OR STATE, understand that if your application gets approved, you will be expected to pick up the dane in the location that he/she is being fostered. We DO NOT transport.
7. We only adopt Dogs as indoor pets. We will not adopt Dogs to be used as guard dogs or to be kept out-of-doors.
8. Our Great Danes require a sturdy fenced in yard, particularly young or active danes. Generally, a six feet or higher privacy fencing is preferred. In certain circumstances, the Board may waive this requirement depending upon the Dane's personality and temperament. Any such exceptions will solely be at the discretion of the rescue Board. Under no circumstances will we consider invisible or electric fencing as acceptable.
9. Our Great Danes are placed in the home most suitable for them, based upon their individual needs and temperament.
Applicant Name *
Co-Applicant Name * (optional if not applicable)
Address 2 (if applicable)
City, state and zip*
Phone Number(s) *
Email Address *
Type of residence?
Do you have a Fenced Yard? What type of fence? Height? *
Which dane(s) are you interested in? *
Reason For Adopting?
Do you have a pool? What type? *
Do you own the residence where the Dane will live? *
Landlord Name and Phone Number if applicable? *
Number of adults in the residence? *
Your Age? Co-Applicant Age (if applicable)?
Your Occupation? Co-Applicant Occupation (if applicable)?
How many children will live with the Dane? Names? Ages?
How much adult supervision of the dog and children will be provided?
Are you in the military? If so, what branch? What rank? What are your chances of being deployed in the next 3-5 years? Where will the dog live if you are deployed?
Do you have any pets currently? *
Please list: Species? Breed? Gender? Age? Spayed or Neutered? *
Have you ever owned a Great Dane or a giant breed? If so, please list:
Why do you want a Great Dane?
How many hours will the dog be alone during the day?
During what time frames?
Where will the dog be kept when you are home?
Where will the dane stay when you are away?
Are you often away for extended periods?
Where will the Dane sleep at night?
How would you encourage and reinforce your dog's appropriate behavior?
How would you prevent and manage your dog's inappropriate or bad behavior?
Have you ever crated a dog?
Are you willing to crate a dog if necessary?
Who will be the primary caregiver of the dog?
What Brand of dog food do you presently or plan to use?
Some rescues have pre-existing health conditions or problems that may require further care by the adopter (skin issues, heartworms, injuries, etc.) Would you adopt a dane that has health problems?
Are you aware of yearly costs of maintaining a healthy dane? Yearly vaccines can be $100+ and there is also heartworm and flea preventative (monthly), joint care, dental care, food, accessories, as well as many other unforeseen items and/or circumstances (such as accident or illness). Are you prepared to meet these requirements?
Are you willing to travel to pick up the dog?
Are all members of your household aware and in agreement with adopting a Great Dane?
Veterinarian Name, Address and Phone Number:
Other Name, Phone Number:
I ATTEST THAT ALL ANSWERS PROVIDED ON THIS APPLICATION ARE CORRECT. I UNDERSTAND THAT NORTHWEST FLORIDA GREAT DANE RESCUE, INC., HAS THE RIGHT TO REJECT ANY APPLICANT FOR ANY REASON. I agree with this privacy notice: NWFLGDR may share your application information with other rescue organizations as part of the approval and screening process. NWFLGDR will never sell your information or share it with any other outside resources.
Type Applicant Name to serve as signature:
Type Co-Applicant Name to serve as signature (optional if not applicable):
Have you paid the $20.00 non-refundable home inspection/application donation required to process the application? To pay the donation, click on the "Donate" button on the Home page.